Better decisions will improve all aspects of your life, it'll help you progress faster towards anything you're trying to accomplish.
It'll help you become healthier, wealthier, happier, better partner/parent/friend, better at life.
It'll help you orient yourself in this world, decide on better goals, and reach them.
It's the rising tide that lifts all ships.
There's no other single focal point that can have this impact on your life, and the life of others.
It'll help you constantly look at yourself, at your life, at the world, and focus on the right thing.
Sometimes that means resting or enjoying, or doing nothing, sometimes it means get moving!
If tomorrow by some miracle all humans wake up and make better decisions by 0.1%, the world will be so much better, it'll blow our minds.
Think about 8 billion people making better decisions, it's pretty wonderful.
Now chain this day after day after day, we'll start harnessing the power of the eighth wonder of the world, Compound Interest, and who knows what heights we might reach!?
We don't know the upper limit of human potential!
Your entire life runs on the software in your head—why wouldn't you obsess over optimizing it?
- Elon Musk
Follow up questions
(I'll try to explore and expand on these in future posts)
- How do you go about making better decisions? [Already started working on this].
- What counts as a better decision? [Wrote initial thoughts]
- How do you know you're making progress in the right direction? [Work in progress: Tight feedback loop & OODA Loop]
- Does this mean one should constantly be pushing forward?
If you'd like to get ideas, techniques and tips that will help you build the life you want, subscribe below.
* It takes 10 seconds and I never spam.